Presto, it's Pesto!
Why I Love This Recipe
Place hot penne in bowls and top with pesto.
Garnish with grated cheese.
Ingredients You'll Need
1 cup packed cilantro leaves
1 cup packed curly parsley
1 cup packed mint leaves
1 cup packed basil leaves
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
1/6 cup toasted chopped walnuts
4 cloves garlic
1 cup olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
grated parmesan cheese for garnish
1) In a medium bowl combine herbs, parmesan cheese, pine nuts, walnuts, and garlic.
2) Working in batches, place mixture in food processor and process to a rough paste.
3) With machine running slowly, add olive oil until mixture is smooth.
4) Season with salt and pepper.
5) Place hot penne in bowls and top with pesto. Garnish with grated cheese.