Puerto Rican Chicken Fricasse
Why I Love This Recipe
I teach a caribbean cooking class and this is a class favorite!
Ingredients You'll Need
2 ½ lb –3 lb. chicken, cut into serving pieces
1 Tbl. salt
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tsp. dried thyme
1 Scotch bonnet or habanero pepper, seeded and minced
1 Tbl cider vinegar
1 Tbl. worchestshire sauce
1/8 tsp. ground cloves
2 Tbl. dark brown sugar
2 Tbl. canola oil
3 large onions, chopped
2 tomatoes, skinned and chopped
1 c chicken stock
1 bay leaf
1. Marinate the chicken with the first seven ingredients overnight(or for at least 4 hours). Drain the chicken and reserve the marinade for later use
2. Heat the oil and sugar in a large, heavy bottomed skillet.
3. Add the chicken and sauté until it takes on a deep brown color.
4. Add the onions and cook until the onions are soft.
5. Add the tomatoes, the reserved marinade, the bay leaf, and chicken stock, and simmer until the chicken is tender, 30-40 minutes.
Questions, Comments & Reviews
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El JefeBy CHEF the Film
7 Recipes11875 Downloads