Why I Love This Recipe
Children who claim they don't like pumpkin usually LOVE this recipe!
Ingredients You'll Need
2 Cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 Cup shortening
1/4 cup water
2 Cup buttermilk ( or add 2 teaspoons vinegar to regular milk)
1 cup pumpkin, cooked and mashed
1. Mix Flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and spices in a large bowl.
2. Beat the eggs in another bowl. Mix in the shortening, water, buttermilk (or vinegar- sourced milk), and pumpkin. To make the fresh pumpkin puree, cut your pumpkin in half and place it open side down on a baking sheet. Bake for 30-45 minutes until soft. Once cooled scoop out the flesh and puree it in a blender.
3. Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and blend well.
4. Heat the griddle or fry pan to about 375 degrees. Coat griddle or pan with shortening.
5. Drop spoonfuls of batter on the griddle.
6. Turn the pancakes after the small bubbles appear and the edges start to turn brown.
7. Remove the pancakes when they are golden brown.
8. Serve with confectioner's sugar