Pumpkin Spice Cookie Dough Pops
Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 stick butter (softened)
scant 1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 T. milk
1/4 cup pumpkin butter
1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips + 1 cup for coating*
optional: 1 tsp coconut oil
1. Beat butter and sugars and in large bowl on medium speed until light and fluffy.
2. Add milk, pumpkin butter and vanilla and mix again until well combined.
3. Add flour, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice and mix on low speed (or with a spoon by hand) until incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips, cover and chill dough for an hour.
4. Form dough into 1 inch balls around popsicle sticks (mine had spoon ends, which I recommend) and arrange on a baking sheet lined with waxed paper or a silicon baking mat. Place in freezer and let chill for 30 minutes.
5. Melt chocolate chips over a double boiler with coconut oil (or in microwave in 30-second increments being careful not to overcook).
6. With a large metal spoon, scoop up melted chocolate and dip and swirl the dough balls around in the spoon, coating to cover. Tap pops on side of the bowl to remove excess coating and return to waxed paper-lined baking sheets (or dip in crushed pretzels first). Chill in fridge until set.
Store chilled in an airtight container for up to 1 week, or the freezer for several weeks.
Questions, Comments & Reviews
More Great Recipes: Dough/Crust