Puppy Chow a.k.a. Muddy Buddies
"Make a great game day snack!"Serves | Prep Time 10 min to assemble | Cook Time 30-45 seconds in microwave
Why I Love This Recipe
One of Aunt Frankie's many treats! Submitted by Cierra Wilson.
Ingredients You'll Need
9 cups Chex cereal, your choice corn or rice or chocolate
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups powdered sugar
ziplock freezer bags and parchment paper
Alternate - Heath Muddy Buddies
7 cups Rice Chex Cereal
2 cups chocolate chips, plus 1 1/2 Tbsp butter
1 pkg Heath Baking Bits
extra Heath Bars for decoration, optional
1. Place cereal in a large bowl and set aside.
2. Melt chocolate chips and butter, microwave on high for 30 seconds and stir until smooth.
3. Pour over cereal and gently fold until covered.
4. Dump into plastic bag and add Heath Baking Bits. Shake well. You'll notice that the chocolate from the "bits" will melt and these muddy buddies will be much more chocolatey than the normal stuff, but that's okay! They will be delicious. But if this does worry you, you can add a few Tbsps of powdered sugar or brownie mix!
5. Dump onto a cookie sheet, spread out and let cool!
6. Serve with chopped up Heath Bars if desired!
Into a large bowl, measure cereal; set aside.
In a microwavable bowl, combine chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter. Microwave uncovered on “high” for 1 minute, then stir. Microwave for 30 seconds, and stir until smooth. (If the mixture is still not completely melted, pop it in for an additional 15 seconds, then stir again.) Stir in the vanilla extract.
Pour the chocolate mixture over the cereal, tossing until evenly coated.
Portion the chocolate-covered cereal evenly into two large ziplock bags, each filled with 1 cup powdered sugar.
Seal bags, and gently toss the cereal until it is evenly coated. Transfer to parchment paper to cool.
Store in airtight container or bag in refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Questions, Comments & Reviews
More Great Recipes: Snack