Quick curried scallops
Why I Love This Recipe
I've always assumed that cooking seafood was "not my thing". However, after tasting a scallop dish my sister-in-law had made, I decided to experiment a little. This recipe combines scallops, apples, honey and curry powder for a great dish that is easy to make and will impress your friends!
Ingredients You'll Need
1 apple, sliced into small pieces
1 tbsp butter (reduced fat is even better!)
1 tbsp honey
1 onion, thinly sliced
2 tbsp reduced fat sour cream (I use light creme fraiche when I have it)
2 tbsp curry powder
14 oz scallops (I'm based in France, so this is the standard weight for a bag of frozen scallops - you may need to adjust this a bit if you live elsewhere)
salt and pepper, to taste
1) Saute the apple and onion slices with the butter at low-medium heat in a pan.
2) Cover and reduce the heat until the pieces of apple are cooked and the onion slices are soft. You may want to add a bit of water so they don't stick to the pan.
3) Add honey, curry powder and sour cream and stir.
This should be done at a low heat.
You can also add salt and pepper at this point if you wish.
4) Add scallops and stir for 3-4 minutes, until they are fully cooked.
* When using frozen scallops, I prefer to defrost them in a separate pan, and add them to the main pan when they are fully defrosted.
Serve with rice and enjoy.
Questions, Comments & Reviews
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El JefeBy CHEF the Film
7 Recipes11876 Downloads