Why I Love This Recipe
This is instant dosa recipe which is made out of raagi/millet flour. Raagi is super food and is high in calcium. This recipe is quick ,healthy and fulfilling and great for busy mornings. It is best enjoyed with coconut or mint chutney or with potato bhaji.
Ingredients You'll Need
1 cup raagi flour(finger millet flour)
¼ cup besan flour(gram flour)
½ cup finely chopped onion
½ tsp finely chopped ginger
8 -10 curry leaves (finely chopped)
1 green chilly ( finely chopped)
3 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves (cilantro)
1 pinch asafoetida (hing)
½ teaspoon cumin seeds
Salt as per taste
¼ cup curd (or buttermilk)
2 cups water
1-2 tbsp oil
1. Take ragi and besan flour in a bowl.
2. To this add finely chopped onion, ginger, curry leaves, coriander and green chilly . You can spice up the dosa batter by adding more chillies as per you taste.
3. Add asafoetida , cumin and salt as per your taste and mix well.
4. In another bowl add curd and water and mix them well. You can also use buttermilk instead of curd. Remember the curd or buttermilk should not be sour.
5. Add this wet mix to dry ingredients and make a batter. Make a thin batter, it should have a pouring consistency to get crispy dosas.
6. Cover and let the batter rest for 15 to 20 minutes.
7. Heat a flat pan/tawa to medium heat and add some oil to grease the pan.
8. Mix the batter well every time before you pour it on the pan.
9. Spread the batter gently on with spoon.
10. Let the dosa cook on one side for about a ½ min to 1min and then flip and roast for 15secs.
11. The dosa should be golden brown and cooked well on both sides.
12. It can be served with chutneys either warm or cold.