Rajma - Indian Kidney Beans
Why I Love This Recipe
Seriously amazing and so simple.
Ingredients You'll Need
2 15 oz cans red kidney beans
3/4 cup water
1 red onion, diced
2 tbsp tomato paste
1/2 tsp ground coriander
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp garam masala
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp of grated ginger
1 tbsp olive oil
juice of one lemon
a few sprigs of cilantro, chopped
1. In a large wok or skillet, heat olive oil at medium high heat.
2. Cook onion until golden brown and fragrant, about five minutes.
3. Add tomato paste, salt, ground coriander, cumin, and garam masala. Cook for another seven minutes, and stir to form a nice paste. You might start to see the oil separate.
4. Add red kidney beans, water, and grated ginger. Reduce heat to medium and cook for another ten minutes or so. Should form a nice sauce. Remove from heat.
5. Add lemon juice to bring up taste. Add salt if necessary.
6. Serve on plate with basmati rice. Add cilantro as garnish.
Questions, Comments & Reviews
Disney's Tinker Bell Secret of the Wings CookbookBy BakeSpace Fairies
6 Recipes489 Downloads