Red (Cross) Velvet Cookies
"A twist on the traditional cookie, the vibrant red hue is dedicated to our time with the American Red Cross."Serves 20 | Prep Time 1 hour | Cook Time 7-10 minutes
Why I Love This Recipe
This is a classic Red Velvet cookie recipe topped with white chocolate chips. The decadent cookie is soft, chewy and forms a beautiful crackle layer on the surface. A perfect Red Velvet cookie balances the tastes of chocolate and vanilla equally. This recipe harnesses both these flavors, with the white chocolate adding a sophisticated touch. With the bold red coloring, and the contrast to the creamy white chocolate chips, this is an amazing recipe to make around the holidays. Though, no grand occasion is needed to divulge in these, simply bake them after ordinary victories, such as donating blood or volunteering with the Red Cross near you!
Submitted by: "Heena & Heema Joshi"
Ingredients You'll Need
1½ cup All Purpose Flour
2 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
1½ Teaspoon Corn Starch
½ Teaspoon Baking Soda
1½ cup Unsalted Butter
1½ cup White Sugar
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 Teaspoon Red Gel Food Coloring
¼ Teaspoon Salt
⅓ cup Brown Sugar
½ cup White Chocolate Chips
1. Cream 1 stick of butter utilizing a stand, or hand mixer
2. Add sugars to bowl, creaming it together with the butter to form a light and smooth mixture
3. Beat egg in a smaller bowl, then add vanilla extract and food coloring. Combine this with the butter and sugar mixture.
4. Now start on the dry ingredients by whisk together the flour, baking soda, cocoa, cornstarch & salt in a separate bowl.
5. On low speed, mix in dry ingredient mixture, making sure to add it in small increments
6. Once done combining the dry and wet ingredients, cover the bowl containing batter with plastic wrap and freeze for half an hour.
7. After dough has frozen for desire duration, scoop cookies onto either, a greased baking tray or cookie tray lined with baking sheets.
8. Bake for 7-10 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Cookies may take longer to bake, the longer they have been in the freezer.