Red Velvet Cake From Scratch
Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 cups sugar
1 Tablespoon cocoa
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 cups oil
1 cup buttermilk
1 Tablespoon vinegar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 oz. red food coloring
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Grease and flour two 8 inch cake pans.
3) Lightly stir eggs in a medium bowl with a wire whisk. Add remaining liquid ingredients and stir together with whisk until blended. Set aside.
4) Place all the dry ingredients in your mixing bowl and stir together really good with another wire whisk.
5) Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix on medium-high for about a minute or until completely combined.
6) Pour into cake pans and then drop the pans on the counter a few times to release any air bubbles.
7) Bake for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
8) After about ten minutes, remove from pans and cool completely on a wire rack. I also cover in plastic wrap while the cakes cool.