Why I Love This Recipe
This recipe is a East-Tex-Mex inspired recipe using very conventional ingredients in a fun way. Everyone loves ribeyes and tacos.
Fire-roasted salsa recipe is located in the cookbook.
Ingredients You'll Need
3 Corn Tortillas
1 Tblsp Montreal Steak Seasoning
3 Tblsp Canola Oil
4oz Shredded Cheddar
1 Cup Shredded Lettuce
1/2 Cup Chopped White Onion
1/2 Cup Chopped Roma Tomatoes
1/4 Whole Ripe Avocado
2oz Fire-roasted Salsa
2oz Sour Cream
2oz That Sauce
1. Cut 6oz Ribeye against the grain into at least 9 slices and marinate the ribeye bites in the canola oil and Montreal steak seasoning and let marinate at room temperature for 5-10 minutes
2. On a large dinner plate plate the shredded lettuce into a bed and plate the chopped Romas, shredded cheddar, onion and avocado on top of the shredded lettuce.
3. Start cooking the ribeye bites on the grill to the temperature of your liking
4. In hot oil; soft fry the 3 corn tortillas no longer than 20 seconds. You want them to just cook enough to have a slight cry on them while still being pliable. After cooking let sit to drain the oil off tortilla or lay on a paper towel to absorb oil.
5. Remove steak bites from the grill and plate the 3 corn tortillas on the plate and add steak bites
6. Add a side of fire-roasted salsa, "that sauce" and sour cream to serve
Pairs Well With