Roasted beef in red wine with pears recipe
"It’s a slow roast recipe that would require time to marinate and cook."Serves 8 | Prep Time 4 hours | Cook Time 2
Why I Love This Recipe
It’s a slow roast recipe that would require time to marinate and cook. The marinate has seasonal ingredients that go very well with rice, potatoes, vegetables or fruits. I personally love using pears during the holidays.
Ingredients You'll Need
1 medium roast beef
3 pears (cut in quarters)
2 bay leaves
1 cup of medium size carrots
1 bottle of wine
1 cup of wine vinegar
2 Tbsp of maple syrup
1 cup of water
1 cup of sugar
4 strings of thyme
½ tsp nutmeg
Salt & pepper to taste
In a small sauce pan, bring all the ingredients to a simmer except the roast beef and pears.
2. While it is simmering, stir the liquid well once in a while so that the honey doesn’t rest at the bottom.
3. Bring the liquid to a boil, turn off the heat and let it cool down completely.
4. Once cooled, place your meat in a bowl and pour all the liquid on it.
5. Let it chill in the fridge for at least 3 hours.
6. Preheat oven at 320 F.
7. In sauce pan on medium high heat with a little bit of olive oil, sear your meat all around. Put it in a baking dish.
8. In a bowl, add maple syrup, nutmeg to your pears. Make sure that your pears are coated with the syrup and spices.
9. Place your pears with the carrots, onions, bay leaves, thyme around the seared meat.
10. You can rub your meat with maple syrup and add a two ladders of liquid.
11. Cover the dish with foil paper.
12. Roast the beef for 2 hours.
13. After the 2 hours, let the meat rest for 20 min before slicing it.
14. Reduce the rest of the liquid on the stove until your get a thick sauce. You can add ½ tsp of corn starch to thicken it.
Pairs Well With
mashed potatoes, rice, plantains