Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
2 pounds sliced almonds
2 large egg whites
2 pounds granulated sugar
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. Place almonds in a roasting pan.
3. Pour egg whites over almonds and toss continually to evenly coat.
4. Add sugar and toss again.
5. Bake, stirring every 5 minutes, until almonds are golden, approximately 40 minutes. Cool and reserve until needed.
Serving size: 4 cakes - each cake serves 8-16 depending on how thick each slice is cut.
Preparation time: approx. 1.5 hours total
Cooking time: approx 1.5 hours for almonds and cake (not concurrently) 0