"Salmon Burgers With Cucumber Mint Relish"Serves 6 | Prep Time 20 | Cook Time 15
Why I Love This Recipe
Need a side dish suggestion? This dish pairs really well with my Curry Roasted Cauliflower! These burgers freeze very well. I always keep a few frozen, just as an insurance policy.
Ingredients You'll Need
2 Pounds Wild Red Salmon (Alaskan King is a good choice)
1 Medium Red Onion, Chopped
¼ Cup Basil, Packed Tightly
1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
2 Teaspoon Wasabi Powder
3 Tblsps Capers (That’s about 5 forks full out of the jar)
1 Tablespoon Grapeseed Oil
1—12 inch English or Hot House Cucumber
1/2 Cup Red Onion, Chopped
Zest of One Large Lime
Juice From the Same Lime
1 Tablespoon Honey Ginger Balsamic
2-3 Tablespoons Fresh Mint, Chopped
½ Teaspoon Sea Salt
Shakes of Hot Sauce to Personal Taste
1) Take about ½ of the salmon and place in food processor. Process until almost a puree. Place the salmon in the medium size mixing bowl.
2) Chop balance of salmon finely and also place inside mixing bowl.
3) Add the chopped red onion, chopped basil, sea salt and wasabi powder and capers to the salmon.
4) Mix thoroughly using clean, washed hands.
5) Fill a medium bowl with cold water about 3/4 of the way full. Salmon burgers can be sticky, you can wet your hands in the bowl of water to help you form the burgers if necessary. Form salmon into 6-6 ounce salmon burgers and place on a plate. You should weigh at least the first one on your kitchen scale – just to get an idea of the size & volume.
6) Cover the salmon burgers with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator while you make Cucumber Mint Relish.
Pairs Well With
Curry Roasted Cauliflower