Salt Fish Cake (Fish Balls)
Why I Love This Recipe
Provided with love by Kamiah John
Ingredients You'll Need
[2 packs] [Boneless salt fish/Cod fish
[1/2 tsp] [Salt and pepper]
 [Finely chopped onion]
[6-8] [Minced garlic cloves]
[2-3] [Finely chopped scallion]
 [De-stemmed thyme] OR [Dry thyme seasoning]
[6-8 sprigs] [Finely chopped cilantro]
[4 sprigs] [Finely chopped parsley] OR [Dry parsley seasoning]
 [Finely chopped scotch bonnet pepper]
[3 cups] [All-purpose flour – season to your liking]
[1 tbsp] [Baking powder]
 [Eggs – optional]
[1 1/2] [Cups of water, add more or less as needed]
1. Place the salt fish in a saucepan with 10 cups of water. Bring to a boil and let boil for 18-20 minutes, check the saltiness of the fish. It should be somewhat salted but not overly salty.
2. Rinse the fish under cold running water in a strainer
3. Shred the salt fish
4. Put all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir until a thick batter is formed.
5. Let rest for 10-15 minutes before you fry
6. Add oil to hot pan
7. Deep fry by teaspoonful over a medium heat, until golden brown.
8. Avoid the outside of the fish fritters burning before the middle is well cooked by carefully monitoring the heat.
9. Drain on paper towel