Samoa Dessert Lasagna
"Dessert, Samoa Dessert Lasagna"Serves 10-12 servings | Prep Time 25 minutes | Cook Time 2 hours and 25 minutes
Why I Love This Recipe
This recipe reminds me of Samoa cookies from Girl Scouts. Very delicious and very sweet!
Ingredients You'll Need
For the crust
1 1/2 cup crushed Nilla wafers
1/2 cup toasted shredded coconut
6 Tablespoons melted butter
For the caramel layer
1 jar caramel
For the chocolate layer
2 boxes of instant chocolate pudding
2 cups cold milk
For the cream cheese layer
2 cups heavy cream
1 block cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 cup toasted, sweetened coconut flakes
1/2 cup chocolate chips, melted
caramel, warmed, for drizzling
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, combine crushed Nillas, coconut, and melted butter. Press into the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish and bake until golden, 10-12 minutes. Let cool.
2. Pour caramel over cooled crust and spread into an even layer.
3. In another medium bowl, combine pudding mix and milk; whisk until thickened. Pour over caramel and smooth into an even layer.
4. In a large bowl, beat heavy cream into stiff peaks. In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese and powdered sugar until no lumps remain, then fold in whipped cream. Spoon mixture over pudding and smooth into an even layer. Refrigerate until well chilled, at least 2 hours.
5. When ready to serve, top with toasted coconut and drizzle;e with melted chocolate and caramel.
Pairs Well With
Questions, Comments & Reviews
The Official "Burnt" Movie CookbookBy Burnt Movie Cookbook
7 Recipes51222 Downloads