Scrumptious Caramel Custard Pudding
"Gather all the simple ingredients in one place and make a heavenly tasted caramel custard pudding."Serves 8 | Prep Time 15 minutes | Cook Time 40-45 minutes
Why I Love This Recipe
The pudding texture is exceptionally soft, and you would devour it till the last bite because of its sweet and amazing taste. However, the caramel quickly changes its color on heat, so it is suggested to note the timing while adding water. Otherwise, it may get stick to the pan, ruining all your plans. Plus, each cup of pudding carries 259 calories and the following number of nutrients:
7g fat, 8g protein, 172mg cholesterol, 42g carbohydrates, and 92mg sodium.
Try https://www.bakespace.com/recipes/detail/Vegan-Cheesecake/73532/ and https://www.bakespace.com/recipes/detail/DAIRY-FREE-CREAM-PIE-BANANA-COCONUT-OR-CHOCOLATE/84756/, if you have a sweet tooth.
Ingredients You'll Need
1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
Whole milk – 3 cups
6 big eggs
1. In a large deep saucepan, stir and cook ¾ cup of sugar at low heat and wait until the sugar is melted and golden.
2. Pour it into 8 custard cups (with 6 oz. capacity). Then, tilt to coat the bottom of the cup and let the syrup stand for 10 minutes.
3. In the meantime, beat the milk, eggs, vanilla, and remaining sugar in the large bowl gradually until blended. Make sure that the batter doesn’t go foamy.
4. Next, pour it over caramelized sugar.
5. Once done, place the cups in two baking pans (size: 8-in square).
6. Transfer hot water to a pan and fill it till 1-inches deep. Bake it for 40-45 minutes, at 350°F until the knife you insert in the center of the cake pudding comes out clean.
7. Then, remove cups from the pans and let it cool on wire racks for around 30 minutes.
8. Run a knife around the rim of the cup to unmold. Invert the pudding onto the dessert serving dish by turning the dish and cup upside down.
9. Shake the cup slightly to loosen the custard. By doing so, the caramel syrup will run downsides of the custard, forming a sauce.
10. Either serve it warm or chilled. It depends on your choice.
Pairs Well With
You can easily pair it with apricot jam and butter by adding it to the top. Plus, these ingredients are also used to make a https://blog.inspireuplift.com/malva-puddin-recipe/ , another delicious sweet dish option.