"Flavoured Rice"Serves 2 | Prep Time 15 minutes | Cook Time 30 minutes
Why I Love This Recipe
This rice while requires quite a few ingredients the outcome is great. I honestly love to eat this as is cause it's so flavorful and if you do have the ingredients, it is quite easy to make. If you are will to get these ingredients l, it is readily available at most indian supermarkets. It's something my mom makes for me and it's just great.
Ingredients You'll Need
1 small onion
2 green chillies
Small piece of cinnamon stick
1 bay leaf
1/2 teaspoon whole black pepper
2-3 pieces of clove
1 tablespoon ghee (oil)
1/2 cup rice
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 small tomato
Salt to taste
1. Put the ghee (oil) into a pot and allow it to heat.
2. Once hot add the cinnamon stick, bay leaf, black pepper, clove and cardamom into the pot and saute for a minute.
3. Once sauted add the diced onion , chopped cilantro, mint leaves, ginger garlic paste and diagonally cut green chillies into the pot as well and saute until softened.
4. Add in diced tomato as well as salt into the pot and saute until tomato is mostly melted.
5. Now put washed rice into the pot and mix for 5 minute.
5. Reduce the flame to low and add 1 cup water and lemon juice each cover until cooked. Try not to overcook as rice will become sticky.
Pairs Well With
With any type of curry or great on it's own.