Why I Love This Recipe
Even today, when an individual passes a sindhi house, the aroma of sindhi kadhi is so strong and tempting that you know they are preparing for sindhi kadhi. It’s considered the most authentic dish of Sindhi’s. It’s mostly made on weekends or on special occasions. Whenever we plan for serving lunch to our guests, this dish never disappoints anyone.
Ingredients You'll Need
- 3 full spoons of gram flour (besan)
- 1 medium size tomato
- 2 round melon (tinda)
- 1 big or 2 small potatoes
- 50-60 grams of Ivy gourd (kundru)
- 50 grams Okra (bhindi)
- Green chilies as per your taste
- Dry Mango powder
- Chopped coriander leaves
- Roast/Saute gram flour in a pressure cooker for 10 -15 mins on low flame until it becomes light/ golden brown.
- Add 1- ½ glass of water to it and add chopped potatoes and chopped tinda.
- Add salt, turmeric, red chilly powder, coriander powder, mix well and close the pressure cooker lid and give it 3 whistles.
- Meanwhile, shallow fry long chopped Okra, long chopped Ivy gourd and chilies.
- Open the lid of pressure cooker and add fried vegetables in the curry
- Add amchur powder ½ spoon; mix well
- Add chopped coriander leaves to garnish and your Sindhi Kadhi is ready