Sinfully Rich Chocolate Pie
"My mom's homemade Oreo crust, chocolate mousse pie"Serves 8ish | Prep Time Total Unknown | Cook Time 10 min
Why I Love This Recipe
The chocolate mousse filling is originally from a Wolfgang Puck recipe. Over the years my mom experimented and swapped in the Oreo crust to give it something extra.
Submitted by: "Veronica Riss"
Ingredients You'll Need
- 1.5 cups of finely crushed Oreo cookies (scrape away & discard filling)
- 1/4 cup of melted butter
- 1.5 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 11 oz. softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup of softened butter
- 2 cups of whipped cream (double if you want to top the pie with cream)
1.) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2.) Start with crust. Combine Oreo crumbs with melted butter. Press into pie dish.
3.) Bake crust for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
4.) Now, the filling. Melt chocolate chips (1.5 minutes in the microwave or over a double boiler). Set aside to cool.
5.) Beat cream cheese, sugar, and butter until smooth.
6.) Stir in cooled chocolate.
7.) Fold in whipped cream.
8.) Pour into prepared pie crust and chill.
9.) If desired, add remaining whipped cream to the top of chocolate mousse filling to finish.