Slow-Cooked Italian Meatballs
Why I Love This Recipe
This can be served as an appetizer or alongside your favorite pasta dish or sandwich!
Ingredients You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup Italian-style panko bread crumbs
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Oregano to taste
- Garlic powder to taste
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 cups spaghetti sauce
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a small skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook until onion is tender and golden brown, 5-9 minutes. Cool slightly.
2. In a large bowl, combine bread crumbs, eggs, cheese, parsley, water, basil, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, and onion mixture. Add ground beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place on greased racks in shallow baking pans. Bake until browned 20-25 minutes.
3. Transfer meatballs to a 4- or 5-quart slow cooker. Pour spaghetti sauce over top. Cook, covered, on low until meatballs are cooked through, 3-4 hours. If desired, serve with minced parsley.