Slow Cooker Pork Chops With Mushroom Sauce
Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
* 4 pork loin chops, cut 3/4 inch thick (about 2 pounds)
* 1 tablespoon cooking oil
* 1 small onion, thinly sliced
* 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
* 1 10-3/4-ounce can reduced-fat and reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup
* 1/2 cup apple juice or apple cider
* 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
* 2 teaspoons snipped fresh thyme or 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme,crushed
* 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
* Fresh thyme sprigs (optional
1. Trim fat from chops. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
Add chops; cook until browned, turning to brown evenly.
Drain off fat.
Place onion in a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. Add chops.
Using a mortar and pestle, crush tapioca.
In a medium bowl, combine tapioca, mushroom soup, apple juice, Worcestershire sauce, snipped or dried thyme, and garlic powder; stir in mushrooms.
Pour over chops in slow cooker.
2. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 9 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to to 4-1/2 hours.
If desired, garnish with thyme sprigs. Makes 6 servings.
Test Kitchen Tip: If you prefer to use a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker, use 6 pork loin chops.
Leave remaining ingredient amounts the same and prepare as above.