Sour Cream Apple Pie
Why I Love This Recipe
This is a family staple at Christmas and Thanksgiving.
Ingredients You'll Need
1 unbaked pie shell (9-inch)
6 medium apples (cortland or macintosh)
2 Tablespoons flour
3/4 Cup granulated sugar
1/8 Teaspoon salt
1 egg beaten
1 Cup sour cream
1 Teaspoon vanilla
1/8 Teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 Stick butter (very cold)
1/2 Cup flour
1/8 Cup sugar
1 Teaspoon cinnamon
• Core, peel and slice apples into thin pieces. A slicer peeler corer machine works best!
• Mix 2 tablespoons of flour, 3/4 cup of sugar, and salt.
• Add beaten egg, sour cream, vanilla and nutmeg. Mix well.
• Fold in apples. Then pour into pie shell.
• Bake @ 400 for 15 minutes. Then reduce heat to 350, and bake for another 30 minutes.
• Remove from heat and sprinkle topping on top of apples, bake again @ 400 for an additional 10 minutes.
• For topping, combine 1/2 stick of butter (very cold), 1/2 cup of flour, 1/8 cup of sugar, and 1 tsp. of cinnamon. Cut with a pastry blender.