Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
2 tablespoons butter
1 large onion, chopped
5 cloves garlic, chopped
1 pound fresh baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
1 cup white wine
1 pound bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
1 cup whipping cream
2 cups fresh grated Parmesan cheese
½ teaspoon black pepper
¼ teaspoon each of thyme and oregano
1 (16-ounce) box thin spaghetti
1. Place serving plates and a very large bowl (both oven-safe) in a 250° F. oven.
2. In a skillet, sauté onion, garlic, and mushrooms in butter until tender. Add the wine and crumbled bacon; cook uncovered for 30 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Keep warm.
3. Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti al dente; keep warm.
4. Combine eggs, whipping cream, cheese, pepper, thyme, and oregano.
5. Place everything into the heated very large bowl and toss well; serve immediately.