Spanish Rice a la Eti
Why I Love This Recipe
I used to work in a rural ER, where the staff consisted of a physician, two RNs, and a tech. I got this recipe from a tech who was from South America. My daughter is picky about the Spanish rice she eats, and she loves this one.
Ingredients You'll Need
Raw rice (1 cup dry equals about 3 cups cooked)
2 oz tomato sauce for each cup of raw rice
1 tsp chicken boullion for each cup of raw rice
1 cup of water for each cup of raw rice
Salt to taste
Optional add-ins: diced potatoes, corn, diced tomatoes, peas
1. Heat 2-4 Tbsp oil in a pan, add rice and stir until brown.
2. Add tomato sauce and salt to taste.
3. Add water and boullion, stir.
4. Bring to a boil, lower heat to simmer. Cook uncovered until liquid is absorbed.
5. Turn off heat, stir, and cover pan. Keep covered until ready to serve.