Spicy Short Ribs
Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
5 pounds beef short ribs
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 cup finely chopped shallots
10 garlic cloves
4 tablespoons seeded, finely chopped jalapeños, divided
3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh ginger, divided
3⅔ cups beef broth
2½ cups crushed tomatoes in puree
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
¼ cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon cornstarch
Salt and pepper
1. Heat oil in large pot over high heat.
2. Working in batches, add ribs and cook until brown on all sides, about 10 minutes per batch. Transfer
ribs to large bowl.
3. Add shallots, 3 tablespoon chopped jalapeños, garlic, and 2 tablespoon chopped ginger to same pot;
sauté for 2 minutes. Return ribs and any juices to pot.
4. Add beef broth, crushed tomatoes, and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil; reduce, cover, and
simmer until ribs are tender, about 1½ hours.
5. Increase heat to medium-high.
6. Whisk soy sauce with cornstarch in small bowl. Add cornstarch mixture to pot and stir until thickened,
about 5 minutes. Stir in remaining 1 tablespoon chopped jalapenos and 1 tablespoon ginger. Season with
salt and pepper