Spicy String Beans
Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
1 lb. green beans, ends trimmed
1/2 tsp. vegetable oil
1 tbsp. sesame seeds
2 tbsp. hoisin sauce
1 tbsp. soy sauce
1 1/2 tsp. Thai-style garlic chili sauce
3 tbsp. water
2 tsp. cornstarch
2 green onions, thinly sliced
1. Fill a saucepan with 2 inches of water and bring to a boil over medium haet. Place vegetable steamer in the pan. Fill with beans. Steam for 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer beans to a mixing bowl.
2. In a small skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add sesame seeds and saute for 2 minutes, until golden. Transfer to a small bowl.
3. Return skillet to medium heat. Add hoisin sauce, soy sauce and chili sauce and cook 1 to 2 minutes.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together water and cornstarch. Add to skillet and stir until blended. Cook sauce 2 minutes longer, or until thickened.
5. Add beans and continue to cook over medium heat until sauce coats all the beans. Add green onions and remove from heat. Transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle with the sesame seeds.