Spicy Thai Coconut Chicken Soup
Why I Love This Recipe
Spicy Thai Chicken with a twist
Ingredients You'll Need
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
3 tablespoons cornstarch
3 tablespoons peanut or canola oil, divided
1 large onion, chopped
1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 teaspoons red curry powder
1 teaspoon ground ginger
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
1 teaspoon Sriracha chili sauce
1 can (13.66 ounces) light coconut milk
1 carton (32 ounces) chicken broth
2 cups thinly sliced Chinese or napa cabbage
1 cup thinly sliced fresh snow peas
Thinly sliced green onions
1. Toss chicken with cornstarch. In a 6-qt. stockpot, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat; saute chicken until lightly browned, 2-3 minutes.
2.Remove from pot.
3. In same pan, saute onion, jalapeno and garlic in remaining oil over medium-high heat until onion is tender, 3-4 minutes.
4. Stir in seasonings, chili sauce, coconut milk and broth; bring to a boil.
5. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 20 minutes.
6. Stir in cabbage, snow peas and chicken; cook, uncovered, just until cabbage is crisp-tender and chicken is cooked through, 3-4 minutes.
7. Serve with green onions and lime wedges.