Stir-fried Cellophane Noodles with Baby Broccoli and Chinese 5-Spice
Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
8 oz. cellophane noodles (bean threads)
1 tbsp peanut oil
1/2 cup frozen chopped onion
1 tsp bottled minced garlic
1 1/4 cups low-sodium veg. broth
2 tbsp red-sodium soy sauce
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp Chinese 5-spice powder
salt and pepper
16 oz. baby/petite broccoli florets
1 bsp mango chutney or ginger jelly
2 tsp dark sesame oil
1 tsp Chinese hot oil or Chinese chili paste
1. In large pot, cook cellophane noods for 30 seconds. Drain and rinse under cold water. Set aside.
2. Meanwhile, in large skillet/wok, heat peanut oil over med. heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, until softenedand thawed, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring, 1 minute.
3. Stir in broth, soy sauce, ginger, 5-spice, salt and pepper; add the broccoli and bring to brisk simmer over high heat. Reduce heat to med-low, cover andd cook until broccoli is tender but still crunchy, about 3 minutes.
4. Stir in chutney, sesame oil and hot oil. Add cellophane noodles, pulling them into long bunches and tearing into 2" clumbs with fingers as you go.
4. Cook, tossing and stirring often, until noodles are soft and have absorbed all of the liquid, about 3 minutes.
Serves 4 main-dish servings. Each serving: 322 calories, 8 g total fat, 7g dietary fiber.
Questions, Comments & Reviews
Disney's Tinker Bell Secret of the Wings CookbookBy BakeSpace Fairies
6 Recipes489 Downloads