Why I Love This Recipe
*If using a dark pan, decrease oven temperature by 25F.
* Feel free to use more butter/margarine than the recipe calls for. Although delicious I thought these were a little too crumbly.
*Original recipe called for 3/4 Cup Jam instead of fresh strawberries.
Ingredients You'll Need
1/2 Cup all purpose flour
1/2 Cup whole wheat flour
1 Cup oats
1/2 Cup butter or margarine, melted
1/3 Cup brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 Cup sliced strawberries
1. Preheat oven to 350F (180C)
2. Grease an 8x8 inch pan
3. In a large bowl,combine all ingredients, except strawberries
4. Put 2 Cups of the mixture and press into bottom of the greased pan. Be sure to cover the whole pan
5. Place the sliced strawberries evenly over the pressed mixture
6. Take the remaining mixture from the bowl and spread it evenly over the strawberry layer
7. Bake for 25 minutes then remove from oven and let cool for 15 minutes
8. Cut into 12 bars and enjoy!