Strawberry Basil White Tea Smash
Why I Love This Recipe
This beautiful berry infused tea will bliss out any summer picnic and pool party. The recipe below makes a ½ gallon pitcher and can be enjoyed as a mocktail or cocktail.
Ingredients You'll Need
4 tablespoons dry White Pomegranate Zhi Tea
2 cups hot water
5 cups cold water
1 pint strawberries
¼ cup sugar or agave
8 oz vodka or gin*optional
1. Fill half gallon pitcher with ice
2. Steep 4 tbs of dry White Pomegrante Tea in 2 cups of hot water for 3 minutes. (Be mindful of water temperature as to not scald the tea).
3. Pour steeped tea into half gallon pitcher over ice.
4. Add 5 cups of cold water to the pitcher.
5. In a separate bowl, use your wooden spoon to muddle sweetener, 1 cup strawberries, and 12 leaves of basil.
6. Pour strawberry smash into pitcher as well.
7. Stir to mix.
8. Taste. You can add more mint and sweeten further.
9. If you’d like to make it into a cocktail, add some vodka or gin.
10. Now, your pitcher of iced tea is complete.
11. Pour over cups filled with ice and enjoy!
12. Garnish with a berry fan or basil leaf.