Why I Love This Recipe
One of these with salad and sliced tomatoes makes a great meal.
Takes about 45 minutes from in the door to on the table.
Ingredients You'll Need
4 Knockwurst all beef weiners (regular hotdogs are ok too)
2 cups mashed potatoes (leftovers are fine)
1/2 Cup minced onion
1/4 cup minced parsley
4 slices bacon
4 slices cheese - your favorite - I like baby swiss or horseradish cheddar
Preheat oven to 350'
1. Heat dogs in water
2. Cook bacon till 1/2 done
3. Mix together potatoes, onion and parsley
4. Split dogs lengthwise so they hinge open
5. Fill each dog with 1/4 of the potato mixture
6. Top the potatoes with a slice of cheese
7. Top the cheese with a slice of bacon