Stuffed Mango Kulfi
Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
Mango - 2 medium-sized ripe
Milk – 1/2 Litre
Condensed Milk – optional(Add more milk if not using it)
Sugar – 4 tsp
Cardamom – 3-4
Dry fruits – Handful of almonds and cashews(finely chopped)
• Pour the milk into a large Pan. Start by boiling the milk and then let it simmer on medium flame and keep stirring in between and make sure the milk doesn’t stick to pan.
• Once the milk starts reducing, add the condensed milk, cardamom powder, sugar and chopped dry fruits to the Pan.
• Once the milk gets thickened. Done!
• The stuffing is ready! Let it cool.
• Cut off the top of the mango (unpeeled), and stand it on a bowl. Slowly, carefully, mark the part where the seed is, using a sharp knife. Little by little, loosen the seed using the knife, and pull it out with your hands. You could use a pair of tongs for the same, too. Make sure you don’t remove too much of the mango’s flesh along with the seed. Also, make sure you don’t create a hole in the bottom of the mango, in trying to remove the seed.
• Fill the kulfi stuffing into the mango almost till the top.
• Stand the mango inside a small bowl, and place the crown on it.
• Place the bowl with the mango back in the freezer, and let the kulfi set for at least 3 hours.
• After 4-5 hours or when the kulfi has gotten almost solid, gently peel the mango using a peeler.
• Put the mango back in the freezer, with the top, and let it set for at least a couple of hours more.
• When you are ready to serve the dish, remove the bowl from the freezer and cut the mango into pieces. Discard the crown. Serve the stuffed mango kulfi pieces immediately.