Summer Asian Salad
"Salad, Summer Asian Salad"Serves 4 servings | Prep Time 20 minutes | Cook Time 4 minutes
Why I Love This Recipe
This cool, refreshing salad is so fresh and delicious and goes with any picnic meal.
Ingredients You'll Need
1/4 cup cashew or peanut butter
2 T white miso paste
2 T lime juice
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon grated ginger
2 to 5 T water
6 to 7 cups shredded red or green cabbage
mix of peppers- 1 red bell pepper and 1 pablano
2 scallions, chopped
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
1/2 cup fresh basil
2 Thai chiles, diced
1/4 cup toasted peanuts
1 ripe peach, thinly sliced
1. Make the dressing; in a small bowl, whisk together the cashew butter, miso paste, lime juice, sesame oil, and ginger.
2. Whisk is enough water to create a drizzle consistency. Set aside.
3. In a dry cast-iron skillet over medium heat, char the peoppers whole, rotating until the edges have a little char, about 2 minutes per side.
4. Remove. When cool to the touch, slice in half lengthwise, remove the stem, ribbing, and seeds and slice horizontally into thin strips.
5. In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, peppers, scallions, cilantro, basil, chiles, and 3/4 dressing. Toss until combined.
Pairs Well With
lunch meat sandwiches
Questions, Comments & Reviews
Disney's Tinker Bell Secret of the Wings CookbookBy BakeSpace Fairies
6 Recipes489 Downloads