Summer Greek Salad
Why I Love This Recipe
An easy and flavorful Greek salad that will be super refreshing as a summer side dish.
Ingredients You'll Need
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, more for sprinkling
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1/3 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 English cucumber, cut lengthwise, seeded, and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 5 ounces feta cheese, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/3 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 1/3 cup fresh mint leaves
1. Make the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, oregano, mustard, salt, and several grinds of pepper.
2. On a large platter, arrange the cucumber, green pepper, cherry tomatoes, feta cheese, red onions, and olives. Drizzle with the dressing and very gently toss. Sprinkle with a few generous pinches of oregano and top with the mint leaves. Season to taste and serve.