Sunny Broccoli-Grape Salad
"Crunchy broccoli and sweet grapes are just the start to this refreshing and tasty salad."Serves 5-6 servings | Prep Time | Cook Time
Why I Love This Recipe
I'd only had the opportunity to try this salad a few years ago, at it's very basic, but have been in love with it ever since! There are so many directions to go with it too. Definitely a favourite from day 1!
Ingredients You'll Need
2 or 3 crowns of fresh broccoli cut into bite-size pieces
* (approximately 5 to 6 cups)
2 cups red grapes, halved if large
1/3 cup red onion chopped
1/3 cup light mayonnaise
1/3 cup light sour cream
1 tablespoon white (wine) vinegar
1 tablespoon white sugar
1/4 cup roasted sunflower seeds (or any other seed/nut : pumpkin, almond slivers, walnuts, cashews, etc)
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the broccoli, grapes, and onion.
2. In a small bowl, stir together the light mayonnaise, light sour cream, white (wine) vinegar, and sugar.
3. Pour dressing over broccoli mixture, and toss until well mixed.
4. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
5. When ready to serve, stir in your sunflower seeds (or other favourite seed/nut)
Pairs Well With
This is a wonderful side, but would also make a nice brunch option.