Sweet Potato, Red Lentil, and Peanut Stew
Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
1 1/2 tbsp Ginger, Finely Grated
3-5 cloves Garlic, Minced
1 Yellow Onion, Diced
1 tbsp Curry Powder
1/2 tbsp Cumin
1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper (Reduce or Omit if you are sensitive to spice)
6 oz. can Tomato Paste
28 oz. can Diced Tomatoes
1/3 cup Natural Peanut Butter
5 cup Sweet Potatoes, Peeled and Cubed into 1/2″ pieces (~ 2 large)
1 1/2 cup Red Lentils, Dry
3 cup Vegetable Broth
Fresh Cilantro, for Garnish
Salt, to taste
Handful of Fresh Baby Spinach (Optional)
Cooked Brown Rice (Optional)
1. Chop and prepare all of your veggies.
2. In a large pot, add a splash of water and bring to medium-low heat. 3. Add the Ginger, Garlic, and diced Onion, sauteeing for 5 or so minutes, or until translucent. If the ingredients start to stick to the pot, add an extra splash of water to keep things moving.
4. Add in the Curry Powder, Cumin, and Cayenne Pepper. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
5. Add the Tomato Paste, Diced Tomatoes, and Peanut Butter to the pot, stirring until everything has incorporated evenly.
6. Finally, add the Sweet Potatoes, Red Lentils, and Vegetable Broth, increase to high heat, and bring to a boil.
7. Cover and reduce heat to simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until the lentils have fully cooked. Stir in a handful of Fresh Baby Spinach at the end, if you so desire.
8. Serve warm with a garnish of freshly chopped Cilantro and Brown Rice. Store any leftovers in the fridge for up to one week, or the freezer for up to two months.