Sweet Potato Black Bean Chili
Why I Love This Recipe
I got this recipe off of recipezaar.com. Everyone who's tasted this unique dish loves it!
Ingredients You'll Need
1. 1 Tbsp. olive oil
2. 1 onion, about 1 cup, chopped
3. 1/2 lb lean ground turkey (optional)
4. 2 cloves smashed garlic
5. 2 cups sweet potatoes, cut into small cubes
6. 2 tsp. coriander
7. 2 tsp. cumin
8. 1 tsp. dried oregano
9. 1 tsp. (or more) chili powder
10. 1/2 tsp. salt
11. 1 pinch cinnamon
12. 4 cups diced tomatoes (and their juice)
13. 1 cup chopped red peppers
14. 1 (540 ml) can black beans, drained
16. 1 cup canned kidney beans, drained
17. 1 small zucchini (about 3/4 cup)
18. 1 lime
Heat olive oil ina large saute pan or small soup pot on medium high heat.
-Add onion, turkey, garlic, and red pepper and saute for 5 minutes.
-Add seasonings and saute for another 5 minutes.
-At this point you could leave the mixture in the pan and continue adding ingredients, or I sometimes find it's easier to transfer it to a casserole dish. I just add the rest of the ingredients and bake it at 375 F for about another 45 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are tender but firm.