TBC's Spicy Bomb-Tastic Buffalo Ladybird
Why I Love This Recipe
This was a sandwich that I was inspired to make after a fun chat on a food forum. It is extremely tasty, with a nice kick! I was just having a nice chat with some friends and we started talking about sandwiches and spicy foods, and just got inspired to throw down a really nice sandwich for lunch. The result was fantastic and a must share!
Ingredients You'll Need
4 Chicken breasts boneless and skinless; scalopini, or pound thin
12 slicesBacon; thick cut, cooked
8 slicespepper jack cheese
4 French sandwich rolls; or other
12 sliceRoma Tomatoes; or on the vine
1 mediumonion; sliced
1 headRomaine; washed
1/2 cupAll purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoonPaprika
1/4 teaspoonBlack pepper
1/4 cupbutter; plus 2 tablespoons
1 1/2 teaspoonCayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoonGarlic powder
1/4 cuphot sauce; (i used sriracha sauce)
1/4 cupSour cream
1 teaspoonCayenne pepper; for mayo
1 cupVegetable oil; or more for frying
1/2 teaspoonRed pepper flakes
1. In a small bowl, combine, flour, paprika, black pepper, salt, mix well, then pour into a large zip-lock bag. Add the chicken breasts to the bag, seal, shake well for 2 minutes to generously coat all the breasts well. Set aside
2. In a small bowl, combine mayo, cayenne for mayo, and sour cream, and mix well to incorporate all ingredients. Once incorporated, taste, adjust, set aside.
3. Preheat Oven to 350F!
4. I like to melt 2 tbsp butter in the micro, use a brush to cover the bread, and grill for a few minutes, or you can just toast it or have it fresh, that option is all you!
5. In a large frying pan heat the oil over medium-high heat. Once oil is hot, add the chicken
breasts, and fry on each side about 4-5 minutes per side until really nice and golden brown. Once the breasts are cooked remove to a plate lined with paper towel to drain.
6. While the chicken is draining, your bread should be toasting, or almost done, grab a small sauce pot throw the heat on high and melt down the 1/4 stick of butter and transfer it to a large mixing bowl. Yes you can use the microwave,
7. Add the garlic powder, cayenne, and hot sauce, and whisk together
8. add the drained chicken to the bowl, and toss gently. Add the red pepper flakes, continue to toss to cover completely
9. Grab a cookie sheet, place chicken on the sheet, add 2 slices pepper jack cheese to each breast, put in the oven for 5-6 minutes until cheese has melted well. While that's going make sure you did not burn the toast! Remove from the oven, and construct sandwich
10. Grab your bread, spread a VERY THIN layer of the reserved mayo (OR PLAIN MAYO IF WANTED) on all the tops and bottoms, add a piece of chicken to each bottom, then 3 slices of bacon, tomato, some sliced onion and a nice hand full or romaine, slice in half and serve with some lemon wedges, celery sticks, carrots, blue cheese or ranch dressing, or even MORE HOT SAUCE!!