Tangy Marinated Cheese Tray
Why I Love This Recipe
I was searching for easy appetizers for my Christmas Open house and found this on the web. It was a huge hit at the Open House and several people asked for the recipe I will be making this again so easy and you can make it the day before you need it then just take it out of the fridge about 1/2 hour before anyone arrives.
Ingredients You'll Need
8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese
8 ounces mozzarella cheese
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup pimientos, drained and chopped (jarred)
1/4 cup green olive, pitted and chopped
1/4 cup black olives, pitted and chopped
2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
2 teaspoons italian seasoning
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1. Slice blocks of cheese in half lenthwise and then into 12 slices crosswise. (I cut them in about 1 x 1" the mozzarella ball sliced then cut it in quarters this made more then 12 slices so no worries)
2. Alternates slices on a platter.
3. Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl.
4. Pour mixture over cheese.
5. Refrigerate 2 hours or overnight. (I made it the night before this keeps very well brought leftovers into work on the Monday and it was still very delicious)
6. Serve with french bread or crackers.