Texas Sheet "Pie"
Why I Love This Recipe
I haven't made this dessert in years. It used to be my favorite go-to recipe. Why? Because it goes together quickly. It makes enough for a large gathering. And I especially love the cookie/cake like texture of the crust. The added bonus is you can use whatever filling is your favorite. Or do two different like I've done.
Ingredients You'll Need
1 cup sugar
1 cup butter, softened
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup milk
4 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cans pie filling, your choice
1. Cream sugar and butter in mixing bowl. Add eggs, salt and milk. Mix thoroughly.
2. Slowly add flour to mixture and blend slowly. Next add baking powder and baking soda. Mix well.
3. Measure 1-1/2 cups of pastry and set aside. Lightly grease a cookie sheet (10 x 15- inch) that has sides. Pat the remaining pastry all over and up the short sides.
3. Pour pie filling onto the pastry. With remaining pastry, roll out on floured surface and cut into shapes or strips. Arrange on top of pie. Make an egg wash using 1 egg that has been lightly whisked. Using a pastry brush, paint the egg on all pastry that is showing.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
Questions, Comments & Reviews
Disney's Tinker Bell Secret of the Wings CookbookBy BakeSpace Fairies
6 Recipes489 Downloads