The BEST Chocolate Cupcakes with Cheesecake Filling
Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1 c. sugar
1/4 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. hot water
1/4 c. + 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1 Tbsp. distilled vinegar
1 1/2 tsp. instant coffee granules
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 (3.4 oz.) pkg. Cheesecake instant pudding mix
2 c. milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 c. (4 Tbsp.) unsalted butter
3/4 c. sugar
1/2 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
pinch of salt
1 tsp. instant coffee granules
1/2 c. + 2 Tbsp. heavy whipping cream (no substitutes)
2 Tbsp. sour cream (I used light)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
For the Cupcakes:
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2 Line a muffin tin with paper liners and spray with cooking spray.
3) In a medium bowl combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking )soda and salt.
4) In a separate bowl, combine hot water, oil, vinegar, instant coffee and vanilla; stir together and add to dry ingredients. Stir until just combined. A few lumps are okay.
5) Divide between muffin cups, filling 2/3 full with batter.
6) Bake for 15-17 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean and top springs back when lightly touched.
7) Allow to cool completely.
For the Filling:
1) In a medium bowl, combine pudding mix, milk and vanilla and whisk together until combined.
2) Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before using.
For the Frosting:
1) Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat.
2) Stir in the sugar, cocoa and instant coffee.
3) Combine whipping cream, sour cream and vanilla and stir into sugar mixture. Stir until smooth and creamy (mine had a few small lumps that I couldn't get out).
4) Continue heating until sugar is dissolved. Do not boil.
5) Transfer to a bowl and allow to cool for several hours or until it's thick and fudgy looking.
1) Use a paring knife and cut a small chunk out of the top center of each cupcake.
2) Slice off the very top of the chunk, so it's flat.
3) Fill cupcake with cheesecake filling and replace top.
4) Spread chocolate frosting over the top.
5) Garnish with colorful sprinkles, if desired. Store cupcakes in the refrigerator.
Questions, Comments & Reviews
Disney's Tinker Bell Secret of the Wings CookbookBy BakeSpace Fairies
6 Recipes489 Downloads