The Best Blueberry Muffin Recipe EVER!
Why I Love This Recipe
I ran across this recipe and had to share. What's great about this recipe is that the blueberries don't fall to the bottom of the muffin! I mix this one by hand so I do not crush the blueberries. The original recipe calls for too little milk. I increased it to 3/4. You may have to add a little more for the right consistency. Your batter should be moist enough to stir easily - like cake batter. Be sure to use Pam in your muffin tins - or use liners or they will stick. Enjoy!
OH! One more note: You can use brown sugar for the topping instead of white sugar. The muffins won't rise as nicely, but they still are very good.
Ingredients You'll Need
* 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 3/4 cup white sugar
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1/3 cup vegetable oil
* 1 egg
* 3/4 - 1 cup milk
* 1 cup fresh blueberries
* 1/2 cup white sugar
* 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
* 1/4 cup butter, cubed
* 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
2. Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt and baking powder. Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup. Mix this with flour mixture. Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups right to the top, and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture.
3. To Make Crumb Topping: Mix together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 1/4 cup butter, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Mix with fork, and sprinkle over muffins before baking.
4. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done.