Tomato Orange Soup
Why I Love This Recipe
Weird, but taste soup
Ingredients You'll Need
3 pounds tomatoes (about 12 medium), halved
2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
2 medium onions, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 cup orange juice
2 tablespoons tomato paste
4 teaspoons grated orange zest
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
1 tablespoon honey
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 450°.
2. Place tomatoes in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan, cut side down; brush tops with 1 tablespoon oil.
3. Roast 20-25 minutes or until skins are blistered and charred; remove and discard skins.
4.In a 6-qt. stockpot, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat.
5. Add onions; cook and stir until tender, then add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
6.Stir in broth, orange juice, tomato paste and roasted tomatoes; bring to a boil.
7.Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 45 minutes.
8. Stir in orange zest, butter, cilantro, honey and salt.
9. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
10. Process soup in batches in a blender until smooth; return to pot; heat through.