"Soup, Tomato Soup"Serves 2 servings | Prep Time 5 minutes | Cook Time 15 minutes
Why I Love This Recipe
Tomato soup is a basic necessity to go with any grilled cheese sandwich. This soup is very tasty and has lots of flavor.
Ingredients You'll Need
2 Tablespoons butter
1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
2 cups tomato juice
1/2 cup water
2 Tablespoons sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup cooked wide egg noodles
chopped fresh parsley
1. In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter.
2. Add flour; stir to form a smooth paste.
3. Gradually add tomato juice and water, stirring constantly; bring to a boil.
4. Cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes.
5. Add sugar and salt. Stir in egg noodles and heat through. If desired, sprinkle with parsley.
Pairs Well With
grilled cheese or baguette