Tomieka's Crispy Baked Chicken Wings
Why I Love This Recipe
Crispy Baked Chicken Wings? YES PLEASE!
Ingredients You'll Need
• 1.5 lbs Chicken Wings, sectioned into flats and drums
• 1/4 tsp Season All
• 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
• 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
• 1/2 tsp lemon pepper
• 1/2 tsp Dry Ranch Seasoning mix
• 1 tbsp Baking Powder, you cannot swap baking soda
One of the keys to making Oven Fried Chicken Wings is to use baking powder in the spice mix. Baking Powder (not baking soda) allows the chicken skin to heat and start cooking quicker than the chicken wing meat. This results in tender, juicy meat that has crispy skin. I recommend using 1 tablespoon of baking powder for every 1-1.5 pounds of chicken wings.
• Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
• Remove the chicken wing parts from the refrigerator and pat dry (removing as much moisture as possible helps to have a crispy wing skin)
• Mix the sea salt, black pepper, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder and baking powder in a small dish or ramekin
• Sprinkle the seasoning mixture on the wings and toss the wings to coat
• Place wings on a parchment-paper lined baking sheet or a baking sheet with a cooling rack.
• Cook the wings in the oven for 25 minutes per side.
• You could also melt a stick of butter, add hot sauce and lemon pepper seasoning to the butter and toss wings in this mixture after baking. Hot sauce amount depends on the level of heat you like.