Torshi Makhloot - Persian Mixed Vegetable Pickle
"There are many different kinds of torshi. This is a traditional combination of vegetables, dried herbs and spices."Serves | Prep Time | Cook Time
Why I Love This Recipe
Add different spices to your pallet with this Torshi Makhloot - Persian Mixed Vegetable Pickle.
Ingredients You'll Need
1 small head cauliflower (cut/separated into small florets)
1 head celery (cut in 1/3” slices)
3 large carrots, washed, peeled, chopped
2 medium eggplants, peeled and diced
2 large cucumbers chopped
5 garlic cloves
2 jalapeno pepper
2 tablespoons of the following fresh herbs chopped or dried (tarragon, mint, basil)
2 tablespoons coriander seeds
1 tbsp salt
3/4 tsp turmeric
2-3 quarts white vinegar
1. All the herbs and vegetables must be completely dried before mixing them together.
2. Spread out the washed herbs on a table cloth for several hours to dry.
3. In a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients and mix well.
4. Using a wooden spoon pack the pickles in the clean glass jars up to the rim. Press down on them to make more room as you are filling up the jars.
5. Add more vinegar if needed. Sprinkle a teaspoon of salt into each jar before closing the lid tightly.
6. Store in a cool dry place for at least 3 weeks before serving.