Why I Love This Recipe
If you are planning to visit Maldives for your next island escape, Kurumba Maldives
would be the ultimate choice as they offer some of the best restaurants in the
Maldives with bespoke menus in each of their restaurants.
Ingredients You'll Need
100gr Yellowfin tuna, sashimi grade
1 tbsp Shallots, chopped
1 tbsp Chives, chopped
1 tbsp Coconut, grated
1 pc Lemon
5ml Coconut oil
1 pc Lime
2 pcs Pandan leaves
¼ tsp Ginger, grated
1 tsp Maldivian curry sorbet (optional, separate recipe)
½ tsp Coconut cream reduction
4 x ¼ tsp Avocado puree
garnish Coriander, fried curry leaves, fried onion, rihaakuru
1. Tuna tartare: Cut the tuna into small cubes, add shallots, chives, coconut, salt, coconut oil and juice of half a lemon. Mix gently
2. Coconut cream: Reduce coconut cream into half, add pandan leaves and ginger. Reduce, strain and then let it cool down.
3. Avocado puree: Peel the fresh avocado, add juice from half a lime and a pinch of salt, blend.
4. Plate the marinated tuna, top up with avocado puree, coconut cream reduction, and rihaakuru for the plate decoration. The optional Maldivian curry sorbet is spooned on top of the tartare.
5. Garnish with coriander leaves, fried curry leaves, and fried onion.
Pairs Well With
Questions, Comments & Reviews
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El JefeBy CHEF the Film
7 Recipes11876 Downloads