Why I Love This Recipe
I originally created these cookies as a gift for a friend who's wild about turtle (chocolate, caramel and pecan) candies ... I have to admit, they made me a convert!
Ingredients You'll Need
1 c. unsalted butter
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 c. packed light brown sugar
1/2 c. white sugar
2 c. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
3/4 c. chocolate chips or extra-large chunks
3/4 c. chopped pecans
1 c. individually-wrapped soft caramel candies, coarsely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 375 F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. (Tip: you definitely want to use parchment with this recipe since the caramel will melt and could scorch to your cookie sheets.)
2. In a large bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Beat in sugars until creamy.
3. Combine flour, salt and baking soda and mix int wet ingredients until well-combined.
4. Mix in chocolate chips, nuts and caramels. The dough will be stiff, you may have to use your hands.
5. Roll into 1-inch balls. Place 1 to 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets and flatten slightly with the palm of your hand.
6. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cook on wire racks. Makes about 4 dozen cookies.
(Tip: for about 28 softer, extra-large cookies, roll into 1 1/2-inch balls and bake 12-14 minutes.)
Questions, Comments & Reviews
Disney's Tinker Bell Secret of the Wings CookbookBy BakeSpace Fairies
6 Recipes489 Downloads