Ultimate Chocolate Cupcakes
"All of the chocolate lovers better watch out for these cupcakes!"Serves 12-14 | Prep Time 15 minutes | Cook Time 18 minutes
Why I Love This Recipe
Gooey, yummy, chocolate cupcakes to satisfy your chocolate cravings!
Ingredients You'll Need
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
2 oz semi-sweet baking chocolate
2 large eggs at room temperature
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup sour cream room temperature
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350F degrees. This recipe makes 12-14 cupcakes, so prepare one pan (or maybe two) with cupcake liners.
2. Melt the butter and chocolate together in the microwave. Microwave in 30-second increments, stirring in between each time. Set aside.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, add the eggs, sugar, vanilla, and sour cream and whisk on medium speed until smooth. (about 1 minute)
4. In a medium sized bowl, sift the cocoa powder, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together until thoroughly combined.
5. Add the cooled butter/chocolate to the stand mixer and whisk until smooth, about 30 seconds.
6. Slowly add in the flour mixture, about 1/4 cup at a time with the stand mixer on low.
7. As soon as you are done adding the flour turn the mixer off. (You do not want to over-mix!) The batter will be very thick.
8. Fill the cupcake liners 2/3 of the way full with batter. Bake for 15-18 minutes. The center of the cupcake should spring back up if gently pressed.
Pairs Well With
These cupcakes would pair really well with some bomb chocolate frosting!